Skip to main content

Poetry ~ "I Never Wanted A War" / Chelsea Stawicki


I once heard your heart drumming, 

The next thing I knew it stopped soaring,

Soon I realized that it is waiting,

Or that it is slowly dying.




Image credit : Unsplash


Is there really something I can do?

To make this come true?


All because I once held your heart,

For so long that it felt like we couldn't be torn apart,

Open your eyes and tell me if we can restart?

Or crush that heart and smear it into art?


Love felt like it was all a lie,

Just tell me that we can still fly,

If not...


This heart of mine was once your's as well,

Because you weren't the only one who fell,

When I sing it is a beautiful bell,

But when we see each other it seems to destine into hell.


What makes it so different to you?

All I see is a world so blue.

Can't tell if we are still angels but we still grew.

Loosing all faith that I gave to you.


As soon as we fall apart,

Everything we once loved is thrown like darts.

Piercing everything and everyone's soul as we depart,

Only met of what comes next for the chapter to part.


Our wings fade away,

Our halos decay,

Our magic is fated to gray...

To the last thing that we all wanted is slayed.


One last touch as we die,

One last smile until we cry.

One last word into silence,

That we promise to never give into violence.


I may be an angel of love,

Even if it means I can no longer fly above.


I'd rather give up my feelings,

No matter if I needed healing,

As I am bleeding,

Sometimes I'm still breathing,

To the sorrow of how I am still dreaming.


All because I never wanted you to hurt yourself anymore,

I swore,

I don't want to cause another war...


Without me...

Maybe it's the best.


Without me...

Maybe it's good.


...


...


...


Not all angels are soldiers of God...


...


...


...


We are more than being soldiers for ourselves...


...


...


...


What if... angels just doesn't want to fly forever?


No matter if it is only one roar,

Forevermore...


I'd rather speak for others than for myself.


No matter if we don't feel anything anymore,

We are all more than enough.


...


A new chapter or something better.


You don't have to hide yourself no more.


Just cry and smile.


You'll find yourself someday.


We all will.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry ~ "Arrival of Death" / Gurpreet Kaur

It comes on its tip toes,  Making some unrecognisable  uneasiness in the surroundings.  Cause of aftermath is  just an illusion.        Image credit : Unsplash.com Ultimate goal is in full motion.  Within a blink, passiveness  spreads, silencing everything..  About the Poem   The poem is based on the unexpected arrival of death. The whole scene happens in a spontaneous movement.

Poetry ~ "I'm suffering from you " / Bhupender Singh

I'm suffering from you,  In the freezing winter, In the burning summer,  In the wet-ness of rain , In the dry-ness of Autumn,  I'm suffering from you,  Image credit : Unsplash In the soothing voice, In the disturbing noise,  Under the sunshine, Under the moonlight,  I'm suffering from you,  In the twittering of birds, In the flowing water,  I'm suffering from you,  You are everywhere,  In my heart, In my soul,  In the nature, In every creature,  That's why I'm suffering from you,  You are my pain.. 

Poetry ~ "Sometimes" / Adrika Saha

Sometimes, I wants to say you -  I miss you. Sometimes,  I want to say - I love you more than my life. Image credit : Unsplash  Sometimes,  I wants to hug you.  Sometimes,  I wants to hold your hands.  Sometimes,  I wants to feel your love for me In your eyes. Sometimes,  I want to be with you. But it's true,  That you don't want me anymore.  It's also true,  I'm just a flaw in both our lives.  About the Poem The poem is based on some love story. According to poetess Adrika Saha , A girl loves someone badly but the boy doesn't want her in his life.

Follow