Skip to main content

Facts ~ Interesting Facts about the character Sherlock Holmes


 Interesting Facts from the Famous Sherlock Holmes 


The Famous fictional detective character Sherlock Holmes is created by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. He is one of the most beloved figures in the history of mystery fiction. In whole, Holmes & Watson were featured in four Novels & 56 short stories, e. g., 
 
'The Study of Scarlet', 'The hound of Baskerville' , 'The adventure of the dying detective '  and many more.

Most of you might have heard about him. His mind-blowing capabilities to detact the truth, is still inspiring 
 to read.

There are some facts which enlighten more about the life of the Renowned Person living in Baker Street. 

1.  Sherlock Holmes' grandmother was the sister of Vernet, the French Artist. He never mention his family much. 



2. His Brother name is Mycroft Holmes, who is 7 yrs. older than him. He has great power of observation, But he never like to be a detective. So he works as government official.


3. He don't like to make new friends. But Mr.  Watson is his best friend. He always find Watson his helping hand. 



4. He have a aversion to Women, as he distrust the gender. But he is always courteous in treating them. Only One woman had really influenced Sherlock, and she was Arena Edler.


5.   He is addicted to music at strange hours.

He loves to play violin


6. He has a habit of doing revolver practice within doors occasionally. 


7. He pays higher amount of rent to his landlady Mrs. Hudson. Which was more than enough amount at which the house really cost. 


8. He dislike publicity. He never took the title of his achievements.


9. He is the finest boxers of his weight category, But he doesn't like aimless bodily exertion as a waste of energy. 



10. He had no vices except the occasional use of cocaine



11. He has a knack of experimenting chemical reactions .



Sherlock Holmes is very popular Character, it lives till now in the hearts. 

Be with Falling Drops for more updates 

Check for more ~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry ~ "Arrival of Death" / Gurpreet Kaur

It comes on its tip toes,  Making some unrecognisable  uneasiness in the surroundings.  Cause of aftermath is  just an illusion.        Image credit : Unsplash.com Ultimate goal is in full motion.  Within a blink, passiveness  spreads, silencing everything..  About the Poem   The poem is based on the unexpected arrival of death. The whole scene happens in a spontaneous movement.

Poetry ~ "I'm suffering from you " / Bhupender Singh

I'm suffering from you,  In the freezing winter, In the burning summer,  In the wet-ness of rain , In the dry-ness of Autumn,  I'm suffering from you,  Image credit : Unsplash In the soothing voice, In the disturbing noise,  Under the sunshine, Under the moonlight,  I'm suffering from you,  In the twittering of birds, In the flowing water,  I'm suffering from you,  You are everywhere,  In my heart, In my soul,  In the nature, In every creature,  That's why I'm suffering from you,  You are my pain.. 

Poetry ~ "Sometimes" / Adrika Saha

Sometimes, I wants to say you -  I miss you. Sometimes,  I want to say - I love you more than my life. Image credit : Unsplash  Sometimes,  I wants to hug you.  Sometimes,  I wants to hold your hands.  Sometimes,  I wants to feel your love for me In your eyes. Sometimes,  I want to be with you. But it's true,  That you don't want me anymore.  It's also true,  I'm just a flaw in both our lives.  About the Poem The poem is based on some love story. According to poetess Adrika Saha , A girl loves someone badly but the boy doesn't want her in his life.

Follow